By Nathan Atiluk
The Club Music Video Awards were launched with too much life and energy but the oomph somewhat died when artistes Bebe Cool and Sheebah Karungi pulled out of the Awards. What killed the mood more was that Chameleone and Bobi Wine were not anywhere in the Awards.
All this was disproved over the weekend when hundreds turned up to witness the Best Players in the Uganda music Video Industry were recognized and awarded. What beat other people’s understanding was the stage, it was so international, it took almost quarter of the VIP section of Victoria Hall.
The lighting by Fenon Records was on point as the hosts Crystal Newman and Comedian Alex Muhangi were good at whatever they were doing on stage.
To the Surprise of many, little known artiste duo Patrobas and Abaasa were the biggest winners that night. They took home 6 awards out of 7 nominations. During a short Interview with Abaasa in the absence of Patrobas who was not in the country, Abaasa said that he knew he would win atleast one of the awards but not 6 awards. “I am shocked that after being nominated with top players in the game of music, we managed to come out as a winner” Abaasa said, adding that it was the people that voted for their videos online that made them win.
Before the Awarding ceremony, the event started off with a blue carpet just outside the main venue and Club who are the title sponsors of the Awards kept the beer flowing as everyone drunk as many as they could. Some chose to stay outside to drink free beer and they didn’t know what was going on in Victoria Hall.
Performances of the night came from Hellen Lukoma and Vampino who was joined by Party People and Tabu-Flo dancers to put up a wonderful performance.
The awards that will be happening every year saw Lillian, Hellen Lukoma and Vampino closing the show as they entertained the guests.
Compiled by Solomon Mwesigwa
- Video of the Year | Voice Inside- Abaasa
- Male Video of the Year | Voice Inside – Patrobas & Abaasa
- Female Video of the Year | He Go Down – Irene Ntale
- Viral Video of the Year | Musawo – Winnie Nwagi
- Newcomer of the Year | Run Away – Abaasa
- Inspirational/Message Video of the year | Voice Inside – Patrobas & Abaasa
- Collaboration Of the Year | Voice Inside – Patrobas & Abaasa
- Best Duo or Group | Dagala – Radio & Weasel
- Best Use of Technology | Yeye – Cindy Sanyu & Wahu Kagwi by J Blessing
- Best Special Effects | IAIAO – Black Skin by Marvin Musoke
- Best Directing | Voice Inside – Patrobas & Abaasa
- Best Costume and Makeup | Mbilo Mbilo – Eddy Kenzo Ft Niniola
- Best Cinematography | Mariana – Apass
- Best Set Design | Mwana Gwe – King Saha
- Best Choreography | Nyinimu – Exodus and Shilo Films